On Saturday afternoon, we got our first look at the defending ACC Coastal champion Miami Hurricanes. Currently considered the best team in the state right now, there were a few things that caught my attention in this game.
- All three quarterbacks had there ups and downs, but I still see Malik Rosier getting the start on opening day. N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams could end up playing this season but it will be one hell of a battle this time next year between the two.
- I haven’t seen this much skill talent on offense from the Hurricanes since 2010. From running back to wide receiver, the Hurricanes have a lot of top talent.
- The offensive line is the biggest weakness of this team and it’s not even close. If this trend continues, the LSU game could be a harder game than it should be.
- The defensive line is still talent, but it is hurting on depth. It will be interesting to see how this unit holds up during the season.
- The linebacker unit have a great argument to be called the ACC’s best. These guys have been studs since day one and that looks like it will continue.
- The defensive backs looked pretty good, which is full of experience. But I do think that they will be tested more this year in my opinion.