On Saturday, we got our first glimpse of the new look Florida State Seminoles under new head coach Willie Taggart. I was in the crowd for this one and the atmosphere in Doak Campbell was crazy. Here are a few things that caught my eye during the game.
- I was very impressive with Bailey Hockman, who was playing on an injured foot. He made smart decisions and put the ball in place that gave the receiver a chance to make a catch.
- James Blackman was okay and looks like he is the leader to start, but it’s clear to me that Deondre Francois will get a longer look when fall camp starts.
- Khalan Laborn showed that he should be forgotten and had the best day out of all the running backs. Jacques Patrick looks like he toned up a little bit and looks a little quicker.
- Tamorrion Terry was a complete beast during this game. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him breakout this season.
- I don’t know what to make of this offensive line unit at this moment. I know that a lot of guys are injured, but giving up 12 sacks is a cause for concern.
- Brian Burns could be in for a monster season, as he was very dominate. I also liked what I saw from Janarius Robinson, who is going to be needed this fall.
- Freshman Jaiden Woodbey showed that he belonged and looks like he will play a lot this fall.